Hahaha Think my parents were secret hippies .
- My first driving lesson was behind the wheel of our blue VW Kombi Camper in the church parking lot.
- We were woken up in the middle of the night to go stand outside with hot chocolate to watch the eclipse of the moon.
- Went driving out into the darkness late at night because Halley’s Comet was going to cross our sky.
- And yes we did go camping in the blue Kombi.
- And I really didn’t get the veggie dump in the corner of the garden for compost.
- Dad taking us for a drive to heat up Mom’s cold feet before bed time because the car heater worked so well for that.
- Stopping the car in the middle of nowhere to pick the Boegoe, can be used for tea, but also great as a pillow if you ever need to sleep out in the bush.
- I can carry on….
This week I got to show those birds flying over 3 days before the rain to my neighbour while were sitting in the garden. I started doubting myself yesterday when I went out for a walk, but this morning when I heard the thunder and showers coming down. I had a big smile!!
That smile was not because Cape Town has gotten some rain that it desperately needs, but because of all the blessings I have received for so many years from two beautiful people that brought me into this life. And the wisdom a now 80 year old man his given me, his son.